- Dec 16, 2008
- Working With Object Drawing
- Drawing with the Line Tool
- Drawing with the Pencil Tool
- Drawing Shapes with the Rectangle and Oval Tools
- Using the Polystar Tool
- Understanding Selections
- Selecting Strokes with the Selection Tool
- Selecting Strokes and Fills with the Selection Tool
- Making Selections with the Lasso Tool
- Zooming In and Out with the Magnifying Glass
- Moving Around with the Hand Tool
- Displaying Rulers
- Using Grids and Guides
- Modifying Grid and Guide Settings
- Using Snap Align
- Changing Stroke and Fill Colors
- Creating Custom Colors
- Adding Colors Using the Kuler Panel
- Editing Strokes with the Ink Bottle
- Editing Fills with the Paint Bucket
- Editing Strokes and Fills with the Eyedropper
- Creating Gradients
- Using the Fill Lock
- Using Paint Brush Modes
- Using the Spray Brush Tool
- Using the Deco Tool
- Drawing with the Pen Tool
- Drawing Curves with the Pen Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Selection Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Sub-Selection Tool
- Using the Free Transform Tool
- Using Transform Options for Shapes
- Transforming Gradient Fills
- Moving and Rotating Objects in 3D Space
- Changing the Perspective Angle in 3D Space
- Adjusting the Vanishing Point in 3D Space
- Cutting and Pasting Graphics Between Layers
- Working with Graphics on Different Layers
- Distributing Graphics to Layers
- Changing Drawing Settings
Editing Strokes with the Ink Bottle
There are a number of ways to change the stroke of an object. You can select the stroke and change its characteristics in the Property Inspector, the Swatch palettes, and the Color Mixer. If you need to apply the stroke properties of one object to that of another, use the Ink Bottle tool. The Ink Bottle tool holds the properties you’ve set for strokes in any of the palettes. You can click any object on the Stage to change the properties of its stroke (color, line weight and style) or add a stroke to an object that doesn’t have one.
Use the Ink Bottle
- Select a stroke on the Stage, and then change Stroke attributes in the Property Inspector.
Click the Ink Bottle tool on the Tools panel.
The pointer becomes a small ink bottle.
Click on the stroke of the shape to update it with the new attributes.
The stroke updates to the new color.