- Dec 16, 2008
- Working With Object Drawing
- Drawing with the Line Tool
- Drawing with the Pencil Tool
- Drawing Shapes with the Rectangle and Oval Tools
- Using the Polystar Tool
- Understanding Selections
- Selecting Strokes with the Selection Tool
- Selecting Strokes and Fills with the Selection Tool
- Making Selections with the Lasso Tool
- Zooming In and Out with the Magnifying Glass
- Moving Around with the Hand Tool
- Displaying Rulers
- Using Grids and Guides
- Modifying Grid and Guide Settings
- Using Snap Align
- Changing Stroke and Fill Colors
- Creating Custom Colors
- Adding Colors Using the Kuler Panel
- Editing Strokes with the Ink Bottle
- Editing Fills with the Paint Bucket
- Editing Strokes and Fills with the Eyedropper
- Creating Gradients
- Using the Fill Lock
- Using Paint Brush Modes
- Using the Spray Brush Tool
- Using the Deco Tool
- Drawing with the Pen Tool
- Drawing Curves with the Pen Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Selection Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Sub-Selection Tool
- Using the Free Transform Tool
- Using Transform Options for Shapes
- Transforming Gradient Fills
- Moving and Rotating Objects in 3D Space
- Changing the Perspective Angle in 3D Space
- Adjusting the Vanishing Point in 3D Space
- Cutting and Pasting Graphics Between Layers
- Working with Graphics on Different Layers
- Distributing Graphics to Layers
- Changing Drawing Settings
Using the Deco Tool
The Deco tool (New!) allows you to apply a kaleidoscopic drawing effect to the Stage or a selected object on the Stage. You can apply several effects: Vine, Grid, or Symmetry. The Vine effect fills the Stage, symbol, object, or closed area with a vine pattern. You can also use your own artwork (symbols) for the leaves and flowers. The Grid effect fills the Stage, symbol, object, or closed area with a symbol from the library. You can create grid patterns, such as a tiled background or checkerboard. The Symmetry effect arranges symbols symmetrically around a central point, which you can control with a set of handles. You can create circular elements, such as a planet. The default symbol for the Symmetry effect is a 25 x 25 pixel black rectangle with no stroke.
Use the Deco Tool
- Click the Deco tool on the Tools panel.
- In the Property Inspector, click the Drawing Effect list arrow, and then select Vine Fill, Grid Fill, or Symmetry Brush.
Select a fill color for the default shape, or select a symbol.
- Color Selector. Select a fill color for the default pattern.
- Edit. Select a custom symbol from the library. You can use any movie clip or graphic symbol in the library as the pattern.
- Specify the advanced options you want for the different effects; options vary depending on the selected effect.
Click the Stage or within the shape or symbol (Grid Fill and Vine Fill) where you want the pattern to appear.