- Working With Object Drawing
- Drawing with the Line Tool
- Drawing with the Pencil Tool
- Drawing Shapes with the Rectangle and Oval Tools
- Using the Polystar Tool
- Understanding Selections
- Selecting Strokes with the Selection Tool
- Selecting Strokes and Fills with the Selection Tool
- Making Selections with the Lasso Tool
- Zooming In and Out with the Magnifying Glass
- Moving Around with the Hand Tool
- Displaying Rulers
- Using Grids and Guides
- Modifying Grid and Guide Settings
- Using Snap Align
- Changing Stroke and Fill Colors
- Creating Custom Colors
- Adding Colors Using the Kuler Panel
- Editing Strokes with the Ink Bottle
- Editing Fills with the Paint Bucket
- Editing Strokes and Fills with the Eyedropper
- Creating Gradients
- Using the Fill Lock
- Using Paint Brush Modes
- Using the Spray Brush Tool
- Using the Deco Tool
- Drawing with the Pen Tool
- Drawing Curves with the Pen Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Selection Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Sub-Selection Tool
- Using the Free Transform Tool
- Using Transform Options for Shapes
- Transforming Gradient Fills
- Moving and Rotating Objects in 3D Space
- Changing the Perspective Angle in 3D Space
- Adjusting the Vanishing Point in 3D Space
- Cutting and Pasting Graphics Between Layers
- Working with Graphics on Different Layers
- Distributing Graphics to Layers
- Changing Drawing Settings
Using the Polystar Tool
Working in much the same way as the Oval and Rectangle tools, the new Polystar tool allows you to easily create complex vector shapes. You can use this tool to create polygons and stars with up to 32 sides. Choose between creating a polygon or a star. Both styles have characteristics that can be adjusted in the Property Inspector before you draw the shape. Both the polygon and star style can have up to 32 sides, with the star style having an additional star point size that can be set. Experiment with several options to get the kind of shape you want.
Draw a Polygon or Star Shape
Click and hold the Rectangle tool on the Tools panel, and then point to PolyStar Tool.
The pointer becomes a crosshair that you can drag anywhere on the Stage.
Click Options in the Property Inspector.
- Click the Style popup, and then select Polygon or Star.
- Enter a value for the number of sides. You can create an object with up to 32 sides.
- For the Star style, you can specify an additional option for your point size. You can enter a value ranging from .10 to 1.0 points.
- Click and drag on the Stage, and then release the mouse.