Holdovers from Windows XP and Windows Vista
Of the administrative tools included in Windows 7, the following work similarly to their predecessors:
- Component ServicesManages COM+ software development components.
- Computer ManagementManages computer hardware, services, and events.
- Data SourcesManages database sources and access.
- Local Security PolicyConfigures local security policy settings.
- ServicesEnables, disables, and manages services.
The interfaces used by these tools are essentially unchanged from Windows XP and Windows Vista, and are not discussed in detail in this article.