- Dec 22, 2009
- Locating Windows 7's Administrative Tools
- Holdovers from Windows XP and Windows Vista
- What's "New" in Administrative Tools for Windows XP Users
- Event Viewer
- Performance Monitor
- Print Management
- System Configuration
- Task Scheduler
- Windows Memory Diagnostic
- Specialized Administrative Tools
Holdovers from Windows XP and Windows Vista
Of the administrative tools included in Windows 7, the following work similarly to their predecessors:
- Component ServicesManages COM+ software development components.
- Computer ManagementManages computer hardware, services, and events.
- Data SourcesManages database sources and access.
- Local Security PolicyConfigures local security policy settings.
- ServicesEnables, disables, and manages services.
The interfaces used by these tools are essentially unchanged from Windows XP and Windows Vista, and are not discussed in detail in this article.