Cross-Posting from Your Blog to Facebook and Twitter
If you're an active blogger, chances are you're also an active participant on both Twitter and Facebook. The problem is, you really don't want to enter the same posts three times, once for each site. Shouldn't there be a way to make one post and send it to all three sites?
Well, there is—using a third-party tool called Twitterfeed. This website links your Blogger blog to your accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Ping.fm, Laconica, and Hellotxt. (No MySpace connection as of yet, sorry.) All you have to do is provide Twitterfeed with the URL for your blog's RSS feed and your log-in information for your social network(s) of choice; Twitterfeed does the rest, routing your blog posts (as recorded in your RSS feed) to appear as tweets and Facebook updates and the like.
LET ME TRY IT: Creating a Twitterfeed
To use Twitterfeed, go to www.twitterfeed.com. You'll need to create a new account (it's free), and have already created an RSS feed for your blog. You can then follow these steps:
- From the Twitterfeed Dashboard, click the Create New Feed button.
- When the New Feed page appears, as shown in Figure 6.17, enter a name for your Blogger feed, as well as the URL for the target blog's RSS feed, then click the Continue to Step 2 button.
Figure 6.17 Adding your Blogger RSS feed to Twitterfeed.
- When the Feed Publishing page appears, as shown in Figure 6.18, click each service to which you want to cross-post.
Figure 6.18 Selecting which social networks to send your blog posts to.
- When the next page appears, click the Authenticate New Account button. When prompted, follow the on-screen instructions to link your two accounts; when you return to the previous page, click the Create Service button.
- When you return to the Feed Publishing page, click the All Done! button.