Posting Links, Photos, and Videos in Google Buzz
Got a great photo of Aunt Ida skiing for the first time in her life? How about that video of your birthday on Waikiki Beach? Why not post those things to Buzz so your friends and family can see them?
Now you can, and that's what this lesson is all about. Here, you learn the ins and outs of posting links, photos, and videos to Buzz. In addition, you take a look at how to deal with those items in Gmail, Buzz's home base.
Let's get started posting the Buzz now.
Did you read a great article online and want to tell your friends? Telling your friends on Buzz makes a lot of sense—that's what it's there for—and you can post your link easily.
Just follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Gmail site and log in if necessary. The Gmail page appears, displaying the Gmail Inbox by default.
- Click the Buzz icon. The Buzz page appears.
- Click the top text box in the Buzz window (this text box has the caption "Share what you're thinking. Post a picture, video, or other link here.").
- Enter the text of your post.
- Under the post, click Link. Buzz displays a text box for your link, as shown in Figure 5.1.
Figure 5.1 Posting a link.
- Enter the URL of the link in the text box.
- Click the Add Link button to add the link to your post, as shown in Figure 5.2.
Figure 5.2 A new link in a post.
- Click the Post button to send your post to Buzz.
Posting a link is as easy as that. Buzz goes off, gets the link, and embeds the beginning content from the link in your post. Nice. How does your post appear? Take a look at Figure 5.3.
Figure 5.3 A post containing a new link.