- The Music ApplicationAudio (Droid and Droid X)
- Managing Playlists (Droid and Droid X)
- The Music ApplicationAudio (Droid Incredible and Eris)
- Managing Playlists (Droid Incredible and Eris)
- The Gallery ApplicationVideo (Droid 1)
- The Gallery ApplicationVideo (Droid Incredible and Eris)
- The Gallery ApplicationVideo (Droid X)
- The Camera ApplicationRecording Videos (Droid 1)
- The Camera ApplicationRecording Videos (Droid X)
- The Camera ApplicationRecording Videos (Droid Incredible and Eris)
- Amazon MP3
- Using doubleTwist to Synchronize Audio and Video
Your Droid comes with the Amazon MP3 application. This application enables you to search for and purchase music from Amazon and download it directly to your phone. Before you start, you need an Amazon account. If you don’t have one, visit Amazon.com on your desktop computer to sign up.
Setting Up the Amazon MP3 Application
After you have your Amazon.com account, you are ready to use Amazon MP3. Here is how to set it up by entering your account details.
- Touch the Amazon MP3 Store icon on the home screen.
- Touch the Menu button after you see the main Amazon MP3 screen, and then touch Settings.
- Touch to clear the Amazon application’s cache. The cache is actually useful because it keeps copies of images and other content that helps screens load quicker, but clearing the cache can free up memory.
- Touch to enable and disable connection monitoring. Keeping this enabled is a good idea because it allows the Amazon application to resume music downloads if you go into a cellular dead spot.
- Touch to let the Amazon MP3 application remember your Amazon login.
- Touch to access your Amazon account, or type in your details if this is your first time running the application.
- Enter the email address you used to sign up with Amazon.com.
- Touch OK to save your login information.
- Touch to see the top 100 albums.
- Touch to see the top 100 songs.
- Touch to browse by music genre.
- Touch to search for music.
After you find what you are looking for, you can preview the song and then purchase it.
- Touch a song to listen to 30 seconds of it.
- Touch the price to purchase the song. The price changes to the word BUY. Touch BUY to continue.
- Enter your Amazon.com password. Your email address should already be there.
- Touch OK. Your song or album is then downloaded.