- Mar 29, 2011
Checking System Info and Managing Disks
When troubleshooting or repairing, you may need to reference system specs or make modifications to disks. Here are some tools that can help:
- System Information for Windows: Displays an abundant amount of information about Windows and the system.
- Crucial Memory Advisor: Tells you how much memory is installed per slot and the compatible RAM type you can install.
- Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder: Shows product keys of Windows Vista and earlier, Microsoft Office 2007 or earlier, and 300+ other applications.
- GParted Live: A bootable CD/USB/PXE/HD distribution that gives you a graphical partition editor.
- SoftPerfect File Recovery: A simple utility that can search for deleted files and attempt to recover them.
- EASEUS Disk Copy: A disk/partition clone utility that can 100 percent copy or clone a drive or partition for backup or upgrade reasons.
- DiskCryptor: Encryption solution that can encrypt all disk partitions, including the system partition without formatting.