- May 21, 2004
- Changing Drawing Settings
- Drawing with the Line Tool
- Drawing with the Pencil Tool
- Drawing Shapes with the Rectangle and Oval Tools
- Using the Polystar Tool
- Selecting Strokes with the Arrow Tool
- Selecting Strokes and Fills with the Arrow Tool
- Making Selections with the Lasso Tool
- Zooming In and Out with the Magnifying Glass
- Moving Around with the Hand Tool
- Displaying Rulers
- Using Grids and Guides
- Modifying Grid and Guide Settings
- Using Snap Align
- Changing Stroke and Fill Colors
- Creating Custom Colors
- Editing Strokes with the Ink Bottle
- Editing Fills with the Paint Bucket
- Editing Strokes and Fills with the Eyedropper
- Creating Gradients
- Using the Fill Lock
- Using Paint Brush Modes
- Drawing with the Pen Tool
- Drawing Curves with the Pen Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Arrow Tool
- Modifying Shapes with the Sub-Selection Tool
- Using the Free Transform Tool
- Using Transform Options for Shapes
- Cutting and Pasting Graphics Between Layers
- Working with Graphics on Different Layers
- Distributing Graphics to Layers
Editing Strokes with the Ink Bottle
There are a number of ways to change the stroke of an object. You can select the stroke and change its characteristics in the Property Inspector, the Swatch palettes, and the Color Mixer. If you need to apply the stroke properties of one object to that of another, use the Ink Bottle tool. The Ink Bottle tool holds the properties you've set for strokes in any of the palettes. You can click any object on the Stage to change the properties of its stroke (color, line weight and style) or add a stroke to an object that doesn't have one.
Use the Ink Bottle
Select a stroke on the Stage, and then change Stroke attributes in the Property Inspector.
Click the Ink Bottle tool in the Toolbar.
The pointer becomes a small ink bottle.
Press S to select the Ink Bottle tool.
Click on the stroke of the shape to update it with the new attributes.
The stroke updates to the new color.
Did You Know?
You can click anywhere on the shape with the Ink Bottle to change the stroke. If the object on the Stage is selected (stroke and fill), click down with the Ink Bottle tool to update its stroke.