- Navigating the music application
- Managing playlists
- Managing video with the gallery application
- Recording videos with the camera application
- Watching TV and movies
- Watching videos on YouTube
- Downloading music with Amazon MP3
- Using doubleTwist to synchronize audio and video
Your EVO 3D is a digital media player packed with entertainment possibilities as well as a camcorder capable of recording 720p 2D and 3D video. You can play music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, audiobooks, and videos and access YouTube all from your Phone.
Navigating the Music Application
The Music application on your EVO 3D was designed to make it easy for you to browse and play your music collection. A great set of headphones can really enhance your enjoyment of your favorite music. The ability to browse your phone’s music library and understanding your playback options are big steps toward getting the most out of your EVO 3D’s many entertainment possibilities. Your EVO comes preloaded with eight songs.
Tap the Apps icon on the Home screen.
Tap the Music app icon located on the second screen of the Apps menu.
Tap to access your complete music library. All artists’ names are listed.
Tap to choose a library in which to browse music: My Library, which is your EVO phone library, or one on a media server.
- Tap to view the music library as album covers.
- Tap to view a list of play lists you have created. Please refer to the Managing Playlists section in this chapter to learn how to create a playlist.
- Tap to view a list of all songs in the library.
- Slide the panel from right to left to reveal more categories.
Tap to filter the library into Genres.
- Tap to filter the library into Composers.
Exploring the Music Application
The Music app provides a number of ways for you to browse your music library, as well as play music from other devices, and control playback. While playing your music, you have some control over how each song is played. Let’s take a look at how the Music application works.
On the Now Playing screen, tap to play music on another device using Connected Media.
- Touch and drag the progress bar to jump to any part of the song.
- Tap to review your complete music library.
- Tap to go to the previous song in the Now Playing list.
- Tap to play or pause a song.
Tap to go to the next song in the Now Playing list.
- Tap to switch between the Now Playing screen to the Now Playing list.
- Tap to turn Shuffle on or off. Shuffle is off when the icon is gray.
- Tap to cycle through repeat modes. You can repeat all songs or repeat the current song. This is set to Don’t Repeat when it is gray.
Tap to enhance audio playback performance via SRS sound enhancement. If you are using a wired headset, you have even more options to choose from, such as equalizer settings.
- Press the volume controller on the right side of your EVO 3D to increase or decrease the volume. A volume window opens, providing a visual representation of the audio level.
Accessing More Actions
While on the Now playing screen, press the Menu button on your EVO 3D to access more Music application options.
Your EVO 3D can locate the cover art for tracks you transferred to your phone from a ripped CD. Tap Update Album Art.
- Tap to add the current song to a playlist.
- Tap to find YouTube videos for the current artist you are playing.
- Tap to play music on another device using Connected Media.
- Tap to enhance audio playback performance via SRS sound enhancement. If you are using a wired headset, you have even more options to choose from, such as equalizer settings.
- Tap to view more options.
Tap to share the current track via Bluetooth, Gmail, Mail, and Messages app.
Tap to set the track as a phone ringtone or contact-specific ringtone. A third option is to trim the ringtone, where you drag handles at the start and end points of the song to designate the part you want to use as the ringtone.
- Tap to turn shuffle on or off.
- Tap to cycle through repeat modes. You can repeat all songs, repeat one song, or turn Repeat off.
- Tap to view album details of the current artist.
Working and Listening to Music
You can continue performing other activities on your EVO 3D while your music is playing.
- Tap the Home button to return to the Home screen and work in another application.
Pull down the notification panel to switch back to the currently playing song.
- Tap the song.