Are you looking for a good way to spend a gift card? Becoming prepared for your next hardware upgrade project? Making sure you have enough power and storage for your next photographic adventure? For $30 or less, you can find a wide variety of products for these and other needs at your choice of brick-and-mortar or click-and-order stores.
USB thumb drive capacity keeps increasing while prices keep dropping and ease-of-use features keep improving, so if you’re tired of losing the cap from your old-school model, need a bigger one, or want to stand out from the crowd, you’ll find plenty of choices. In addition to a growing crop of retractable or twist models, there are also plenty of novelty USB drives to choose from at office supply and big-box electronics stores:
- Emtec animal collection (Staples http://www.staples.com) – 4GB ($13)
- Action Sports SurfDrive or SkateDrive (Staples, Office Depot http://www.officedepot.com) – 2-8GB ($11-$20)
- Staples bamboo 4GB (under $20), 8GB (under $30)
- Centon college, NFL, major league baseball DataStick Twist (Staples) 4GB (under $18), 8GB ($25)
- Birdhouse/Tony Hawk (Office Depot) 2GB ($12), 8GB ($19)
- Mimobot Star Wars character 4GB (Best Buy, $25)
You’ll also find a huge assortment at online stores such as Amazon.com, ThinkGeek.com, and FunUSB.com.