Install the Zune Software
Microsoft’s Zune software is used to import media files into Windows Phone and to apply firmware updates to the phone. As such, the Zune software should be considered essential for all Windows Phone users.
Installing Zune Software
- Download the Zune software from http://www.zune.com.
When prompted, click Run to run the Zune Setup Package (SuneSetupPkg.exe).
- Click Run again to run the Zune software.
Accept the license agreement.
- When Setup completes, click Close. It might be necessary to reboot your computer.
Adding the Phone to Zune
The first time you plug your phone into your computer via the USB cable, you will have to perform a few steps that will allow Windows to identify your phone:
When Windows displays the Zune Start screen, click Next.
- When prompted, provide the software with a name for your phone. The phone’s make and model is used as the default name.
- Allow the Zune software to check for updates.
- When prompted, provide Zune with the names of three of your favorite artists. The phone’s entertainment capabilities are covered in a later chapter, but specifying your favorite artists is part of the initial Zune setup.
- Click Done.