- How Many People Does Each Social Site Reach?
- What's the Character of Each Site?
- Do You Need a Multimedia Experience for Your Marketing?
- What Can You Achieve via Media and Bloggers?
- What Advertising Options Are Available for Twitter and Facebook?
- Are You Marketing to Other Businesses or Direct to Consumers?
- Will You Need to Do Customer Service?
- Is Your Business Local?
- How Important Is ROI?
Are You Marketing to Other Businesses or Direct to Consumers?
Facebook is best if you want to reach a lot of people; it's used by more than 50% of the population in 17 countries, including the U.S., Canada, Australia, and others, according to SocialBakers' Facebook Statistics. Overall, Facebook reaches more than 33% of people who are online, worldwide. So it may be your best bet for business-to-consumer (B2C) marketing.
Is Twitter better than Facebook for business-to-business (B2B) marketing? That depends. If experts, bloggers, and journalists in the industry you target are on Twitter, that site may provide a great way to reach them and get some coverage. But you can also reach the same people[md]and perhaps more of them[md]with targeted Facebook advertising. As mentioned earlier, Facebook also is better for multimedia, so if your B2B selling is strongest with video, you can gather fans from that industry and reach them repeatedly with video updates.