- Sep 25, 2012
- Changing Your Wallpaper
- Getting Details About Your iPad
- Setting Alert Sounds
- Password Protecting Your iPad
- Setting Parental Restrictions
- Setting Side Switch Functionality
- Setting Your Date and Time
- Modifying Keyboard Settings
- Changing Safari Settings
- Changing Music Settings
- Notification Center Settings
- More Settings
Setting Alert Sounds
Your iPad can be a noisy device with various events that trigger alert sounds. Just typing on the on-screen keyboard can produce a series of clicks.
Here’ s how to adjust your iPad’s alert sounds.
Tap the Settings icon on the Home screen.
- Tap General from the list of settings on the left.
- Tap Sounds.
- The volume slider is a separate control for incoming call rings from FaceTime.
- When Change with Buttons is turned off, the ringer volume (see step 4) and alert volume (side volume buttons) are separate. When you turn this on, they are locked to the same setting, and you can use the slider to adjust both.
- Tap any of these settings to set the sound that plays when an event occurs. You can choose ringtones, alert tones, or custom tones for any of the events. Ringtones refers to FaceTime calls and Text Tones refers to the Messages app.
- Switch the Lock Sounds on or off. When this setting is on, a sound plays when you unlock the Lock screen.
- Switch Keyboard Clicks on or off.