The Reminders and Notes apps that come preinstalled with OS X Mountain Lion are faithfully adapted from their iOS mobile device (iDevice) counterparts, and both fully integrate with iCloud. These apps are extremely versatile and are used for managing information.
Advantages of Reminders
You’ll quickly discover that Reminders is a versatile and powerful list management app. Advantages to using this app (or one like it) include the following:
- Reminders enables you to create as many separate lists as you want or need.
- Each list can have an unlimited number of items or entries.
- Each entry or item on a list can have a time/date-based alarm, a location-based alarm, a priority, and text-based notes associated with it.
- All information stored within Reminders can be automatically backed up and synced with iCloud. This is something that happens in the background, as long as your Mac is connected to the Internet.
- Once Reminders data is synced with iCloud, your lists can automatically be synced with other Macs, as well as with your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Therefore, if you create or edit a list or modify an existing list on your iDevice, those changes will almost immediately be updated on your Macs that are linked to the same iCloud account.
- Reminders is compatible with Mountain Lion’s Dictation feature, so you can create to-do list items by speaking into your Mac, as opposed to typing the information.
- Reminders keeps track of which items on your lists have been completed (as well as the time and date of their completion).