Customizing Your iPad
Like with any relationship, you fall in love with your iPad for what it is. And then, almost immediately, you try to change it.
It’s easier, though, to customize your iPad than it is your significant other because you can modify various settings and controls in the Settings app. You can also move icons around on the Home screen and even change how the Home button works.
Changing Your Wallpaper
The wallpaper is the image behind the icons on the Home screen and on the lock screen, so make sure it’s something you like.
Tap the Settings icon on your Home screen.
- Choose Wallpapers & Brightness from the Settings on the left side of the screen.
Tap the Large Wallpaper button that shows previews of your lock and home screens.
- If you want to use one of Apple’s dynamic wallpapers, tap here. Dynamic wallpapers are patterns that slowly animate.
If you want to select an image from your photo library—either of a photo you took with your iPad or one you synced from your computer—tap one of the groups of photos listed.
- If you want to use one of Apple’s default wallpaper images, tap here.
Choose an image from the category you selected in step 4, 5, or 6.
- You’ll see the full image in a preview covering the entire screen.
- Choose Set Lock Screen to set this image as the background of your lock screen.
- Choose Set Home Screen to set this image as the background for your Home screen.
- Choose Set Both to make the image the background for both screens.
Tap Cancel at the bottom-left corner of the screen to go back to the wallpaper icons.