Home > Articles > General Computing
Sort by Date | Title
- Adding Ink in Microsoft OneNote
- Dec 12, 2011
- After a brief but vigorous campaign by pen users, Microsoft added ink rendering to its OneNote Web App. Office expert Laura Acklen walks you through it.
- DIY Printer Ink Cartridge Refill Options
- Nov 11, 2005
- If you're a modern computer user, you've undoubtedly wondered whether some of those inkjet cartridge refill programs are a bargain or a scam. A. Lizard examines the various options for keeping those old cartridges out of the landfill and possibly saving a few pennies along the way.
- Evaluating Cloud Storage Services
- Aug 18, 2014
- You don't need a big hard disk anymore; data is moving from local storage to the cloud. In this article, author Michael Miller examines the most popular cloud storage services for consumers, including Dropbox, Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft OneBox, and Apple iCloud.
- Internet Addresses, Email Addresses, Acronyms and Emoticons: The Language of the Internet for Beginners
- Dec 22, 2005
- The Internet has a language of its own that is used in Internet addresses. Understanding the components of Internet and email addresses such as domain names and extensions is not difficult, and it is sure to make your web surfing easier. Once you have that down pat, you can move on to more fun online things such as acronyms and emoticons. This chapter briefly covers the lexicon of the internet for the web novice.
- PC Components, Features, and System Design
- Sep 26, 2002
- Hardware expert Scott Mueller discusses how PCs have evolved into the machines they are today, explains the differences between types of systems, and briefly examines all the components and peripherals in a modern PC system.
- Reincarnate Your IDE Hard Drives as USB External Hard Drives
Kulvir Singh Bhogal
- Jul 29, 2005
- Put your unused IDE hard drives to good use by turning them into external USB drives with this guide by Kulvir Bhogal. With a USB external case and a few quick steps, you'll have a handy removable storage space in no time.
- The Significance of Microsoft OneNote Mobile for Android
- Apr 13, 2012
- Peter O'Kelly provides an overview of the new OneNote Mobile app for Android and its role in the expanding OneNote product family.
- What You Really Need to Know About Dropbox
Ed Tittel, Kim Lindros
- Sep 23, 2014
- Dropbox offers free cloud-based storage for personal use, with highly affordable options for commercial use. But sharing files via Dropbox comes with some interesting gotchas, especially when large volumes of data are involved or when files are shared by many users. Learn how to handle these gotchas with dispatch and aplomb, and avoid potential loss of access to important files or content.
- What’s New with Evernote? Five Big Features
- Mar 19, 2012
- Katherine Murray introduces five new features recently rolled out for Evernote users.
- Working with Files, Folders, and Disks
- Feb 19, 2007
- Working with Files, Folders, and Disks and Windows
- Mar 30, 2007
- Managing the data stored on your computer is vitally important, which means learning how to work with Windows' files, folders, and disks. Michael Miller makes it easy with this sample chapter for Windows beginners.