Eric Butow is the owner of Butow Communications Group (BCG), a Web design and online communication firm located in Jackson. Eric is a native Californian who started working with his friend’s Apple II Plus and Radio Shack TRS-80 Model III in 1980 when he lived in Fresno. He learned more about programming, graphic design and desktop publishing in the Fresno PC Users Group, in his professional career and when he started BCG in 1994.
After Eric graduated from California State University, Fresno in 1996 with a master’s degree in communication, he moved to Roseville where he stayed for 11 years. Eric continued to build his business and also worked with a wide variety of businesses from startups to large companies including Adobe, Cisco Systems, HP, and Intel.
During his off time, Eric produced 30 issues of Sacra Blue, the award-winning monthly magazine of the Sacramento PC Users Group. Eric also became a technical editor for IDC Books for such topics as RoboHelp and Red Hat Linux. IDC Books was pleased enough with Eric’s work that he was approached to write Master Visually Windows 2000 Server, which was published in 2000.
Since then, Eric has written 16 more technical books as an author, co-author or, in one case, as a ghostwriter. Most books were written for the general book market, but some were written for specific clients including HP and F5 Networks. One of his books has even been translated into Chinese. Eric’s most recent books are Droid Companion from Wiley and My Samsung Galaxy Tab from Que.
When he’s not working in (and on) his business or writing books, you can find Eric enjoying time with friends, walking around the historic Gold Rush town of Jackson, and helping his parents manage their infant and toddler daycare business.
List of Published Books:
- Co-Author, My Samsung Galaxy Tab, Que, 2012.
- Co-Author, Droid Companion, Wiley, 2012.
- Ghost Author, HP Insight Control for Dummies, Wiley, 2012.
- Co-Author, Blogging to Drive Business, Que, 2010.
- Author, HP Virtual Connect for Dummies, Wiley, 2009.
- Contributing Author, Microsoft Windows 7 In-Depth, Que, 2009.
- Co-Author, How to Succeed in Business Using LinkedIn, AMACOM Books, 2008.
- Author, File Virtualization for Dummies, Wiley, 2008.
- Co-Author, Amp Your MySpace Page, Osborne/McGraw-Hill, 2007.
- Author, User Interface Design for Mere Mortals, Addison-Wesley, 2007.
- Contributing Author, Special Edition Using Windows Vista, Que, 2006.
- Contributing Author, Dreamweaver MX 2004 Savvy, Sybex, 2004.
- Co-Author, C#: Your Visual Blueprint, Hungry Minds, 2001.
- Author, FrontPage 2002 Weekend Crash Course, Hungry Minds, 2001.
- Contributing Author, Creating Web Pages Bible, Hungry Minds, 2001.
- Author, Master Visually Windows 2000 Server, IDG Books, 2000.
- Co-Author, Teach Yourself Visually Windows 2000 Server, IDG Books, 2000.