Webcast Archive: Excel Formulas: VLOOKUP, IF, and More
Presented by Bill Jelen
While there are 400 different calculation functions available in Excel, this webcast focuses on the most important and powerful calculation tools in Excel: IF, VLOOKUP and their related functions. Learn how to do your first VLOOKUP, and get answers to these common questions:
- How to deal with the #N/A errors
- Why invisible spaces cause your VLOOKUPs to fail
- How to do a two-way lookup
- Faster ways of doing multiple columns of lookup
- Why anyone would ever use the "TRUE" version of VLOOKUP
- Build your first IF function
- Add power to IF: three ways to test for multiple conditions
- Using SUMIF to summarize a data set
- Dealing with multiple conditions in SUMIF: using either SUMPRODUCT or SUMIFS
- How to avoid HLOOKUP
Bill Jelen has also provided a workshop file so you can follow along—click here to download.
Bill Jelen, Excel MVP and the host of MrExcel.com, is the author of 32 books about Microsoft Excel and a contributing editor to CFO.com. He writes the monthly Excel column for Strategic Finance magazine. Before founding MrExcel.com, Jelen spent 12 years in the trenches working as a financial analyst for finance, marketing, accounting, and operations departments of a $500 million public company.