Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Absolute Beginner's Guide to eBay, 5th Edition
- Your Price: $19.99
- List Price: $24.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2008
- Dimensions: 7x9-1/8
- Pages: 384
- Edition: 5th
- ISBN-10: 0-7897-3783-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7897-3783-0
Absolute Beginner’s Guide to eBay®
No prior eBay experience necessary!
Absolute Beginner’s Guide to eBay will show you how to successfully bid and sell on eBay, the world’s largest online auction site. eBay expert Michael Miller walks you through the process of buying and selling any type of item on eBay. You’ll learn how to safely place bids, win auctions with last-minute snipes, buy fixed-priced items in eBay Stores and Half.com, and use My eBay to track all your auction activity. His eBay tips and tricks will also show you how to create great-looking item listings and safely collect credit card payments via PayPal. Absolute Beginner’s Guide to eBay reveals all the secrets necessary to become a thriving eBay user–whether you bid or auction one item a month or a thousand!
Who knew how simple eBay can be?
Absolute Beginner’s Guide to eBay will have you bidding and selling in online auctions in no time! Here’s a small sample of what you’ll find inside:
- Learn how to place a last-second “snipe” bid–and win the auction without paying too much
- Discover how to buy fixed-price items on eBay without bidding
- Find out how to create eye-catching auction listings, complete with pictures
- Learn how to use PayPal to accept credit card payments
- Discover how to pack different types of items–and ship them out cheaply and safely
- Learn how to design cool-looking listings with eBayTurbo Lister–and track all your auctions with
- eBay Selling Manager
- Find out how to find a Trading Assistant to sell your items for you
- Uncover the secrets of successful eBay buyers and sellers
Michael Miller is a top eBay seller and a successful and prolific author. He has a reputation for practical, real-world advice and an unerring empathy for the needs of his readers. Miller has written more than 75 nonfiction books over the past two decades, including Easy eBay, eBay Auction Templates Starter Kit, Tricks of the eBay Masters, and Making a Living from Your eBay Business. He has been interviewed about eBay by Family Circle magazine, Black Enterprise magazine, and numerous radio stations across the country. Miller’s eBay user ID is trapperjohn2000.
User Level: Beginning
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
I: Welcome to eBay
1. Getting to Know the eBay Marketplace
2. Browsing and Searching for Merchandise
II: Buying on eBay
3. Bidding in Online Auctions
4. Sniping to Win
5. Using Bid Assistant and Other Bidding Tools
6. Buying Fixed-Price Items
7. Paying for Your Purchase--and Waiting for It to Arrive
8. Buying Safely
9. Secrets of Successful Bidders
III: Selling on eBay
10. What to Do Before You Sell
11. Selling Items via Online Auction
12. Selling Items at a Fixed Price
13. Creating More Effective Item Listings
14. Using Pictures in Your Listings
15. Accepting PayPal and Other Methods of Payment
16. After the Sale: Concluding the Transaction
17. Packing and Shipping Your Items--Cheaply and Safely
18. Dealing with Non-Paying Buyers
19. Secrets of Successful Sellers
IV: Becoming a Power Seller
20. Using eBay's Selling Tools
21. Using Other Selling Tools
22. Selling Internationally
23. Opening a Trading Assistant Business
24. Making a Living from eBay
V: Participating in the eBay Community
25. Managing Your eBay Activity with My eBay
26. Creating Your Own eBay Identity
27. Communicating with Other Users in Groups, Boards, and Blogs
28. Reading and Writing Reviews and Guides
29. Researching eBay Sales
30. Online Classified Advertising with Kijiji
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- WordPress Absolute Beginner's Guide
- Book $19.99
- WordPress Absolute Beginner's Guide
- eBook (Watermarked) $15.99