This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Adobe Photoshop CS4 on Demand
What you need, when you need it!
Need answers quickly? Adobe Photoshop CS4 on Demand provides those answers in a visual step-by-step format. We will show you exactly what to do through lots of full color illustrations and easy-to-follow instructions.
Inside the Book
• Improve productivity with the CS4 interface and templates
• Use automatic layer alignment and blending to work with objects
• Use live filters to vie w and modify the results of opening files
• Use more precise color correction to enhance a photo
• Easily convert images to black and white
• Use image trickery to change or enhance an image
• Create eye-catching bevels and special effects
• Transform plain text into a show-stopping image
• Create web animation sequences the easy way
• Use tool presets to construct the right tool for the right job
• Test content on different target devices
Bonus Online Content
Register your book at queondemand.com to gain access to:
• Workshops and related files
• Keyboard shortcuts
Visit the author site: perspection.com
1 Getting Started with Photoshop CS4 1
2 Understanding Navigation and Measurement Systems 33
3 Customizing the Way You Work 51
4 Mastering the Art of Selection 77
5 Working with Layers 97
6 Working with the History Panel 121
7 Working with Adjustment Layers, Filters, and Tools 135
8 Understanding Colors and Channels 167
9 Using the Paint, Shape Drawing, and Eraser Tools 205
10 Creating Layer and Channel Masks 231
11 Using the Paths Panel 253
12 Working with Layer Styles 273
13 Getting Creative with Type 295
14 Manipulating Images with Filters 319
15 Automating Your Work with Actions 347
16 Controlling Image Output 369
17 Working with Automate Commands 397
18 Managing Color from Monitor to Print 413
19 Designing for the Web and Devices 435
20 Extending Photoshop 469
21 Working Together with Adobe Programs 487
W Workshops: Putting It All Together 503