Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
MacAddict Guide to Making Music with GarageBand, The, Adobe Reader
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2004
- Pages: 272
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-7686-6377-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7686-6377-8
Do you find yourself singing in the shower, pretending your shampoo bottle is your microphone and your towel is your guitar? Do you tap out drum rhythms with your pen at work? Now you can channel your musical energy using The MacAddict Guide to Making Music with GarageBand, the Mac software program that can turn you into a virtual recording star. MacAddict's focused, no-olds-barred approach is evident in this musical tutorial. Learn about pre-recorded loops that enable you to sound like you're singing with a symphony orchestra even if you can't actually play a single instrument. Or, if you are instrumentally-inclined, you will also learn how to hook up your instruments to record your own sound and later use GarageBand to edit and mix it for truly professional results. MacAddict is the authoritative voice in the Mac community and The MacAddict Guide to Making Music with GarageBand is the only book they endorse. It is sure to become the only book you'll need to learn how to unleash your inner rock star.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started with GarageBand.
2. Making Music with Apple Loops.
3. Recording Your Own Music with Software Instruments.
4. Recording Your Guitar.
5. Recording Vocals and Other Instruments.
6. Editing and Mixing Your Music.
7. Finishing Up.
8. Making Your Own Software and Real Instruments.
9. Making Your Own Loops.
10. Advanced Techniques.
Appendix A: Expanding GarageBand.
Appendix B: Configuring Your Studio.
Appendix C: Keyboard Shortcuts.
Appendix D: GarageBand Software Instruments.
Appendix E: Effects List.
Appendix F: General MIDI Instruments List.
Appendix G: MIDI Implementation Chart.
Appendix H: General MIDI Drum Key Map.
Appendix I: Online Resources.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.