Macromedia Flash 5 ActionScript for Fun and Games, Adobe Reader
This book will be the only game-specific book for Macromedia Flash and ActionScript. Each chapter will study and deconstruct a new type of game or gadget, such as hunt and click games, catch and avoid games, or action and adventure games.
The book will waste no time on illustration or animation directions but will focus solely on building games in Flash, including coding, the primary skill that most aspiring Flash game designers lack.
Table of Contents
1. Flash Elements Used to Make Games and Toys.
2. An Introduction to ActionScript.
3. ActionScript Elements Used to Make Games and Toys.
4. The Game-Creation Process.
5. ActionScript Design Effects.
6. Toys and Gadgets.
7. Construction Toys.
8. Hunt and Shoot Games.
9. Catch and Avoid Games.
10. Aim and Click Games.
11. Ball and Paddle Games.
12. Quizzes and Word Puzzles.
13. Picture Puzzles.
14. Brain Puzzles.
15. Casino and Card Games.
16. Arcade Games.
17. Advanced Game Techniques.
A: Internet Resources for the Flash Developer.
B: The History of Games.
eBook (Adobe DRM)
This eBook requires the free Adobe® Digital Editions software.
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID. If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.