This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
My iPad for Seniors, 5th Edition, is a comprehensive guide to using all of Apple’s iPad models. It includes everything from basic setup information to finding and installing new apps to using the iPad for communication, entertainment, and productivity. The information presented in this book is targeted at users aged 50 and up; whenever possible, one best way for any given task is presented, and instructions are simplified with older users in mind. In addition, much content specific for people 50+ is included.
This edition features completely new content from front to back. The emphasis is on how this audience uses their iPads, covering those apps and features in simple step-by-step fashion. Coverage of relevant apps is included in the appropriate content chapters, instead of taking up space in their own chapters.
***Will be updated based on iOS 11 and new iPads in 2017***
1. Choosing an iPad
2. Getting Started with Your iPad
3. Personalizing the Way Your iPad Looks and Works
4. Making the iPad More Accessible
5. Connecting to the Internet and Browsing the Web
6. Keeping Your iPad Safe and Secure
7. Controlling Your iPad – and More – with Siri
8. Installing and Using Apps
9. Sending and Receiving Email
10. Managing Your Contacts
11. Video Chatting and Texting
12. Getting Social with Facebook, Pinterest, and Other Social Networks
13. Staying Organized with Calendar and Reminders
14. Reading e-Books, Magazines, and Newspapers
15. Shooting, Editing, and Sharing Photos and Videos
16. Listening to Music
17. Watching TV Shows, Movies, and Other Videos
18. Traveling with Maps and Other Travel Apps
19. Keeping Fit and Healthy
20. Playing Games
21. Discovering Other Fun and Useful Apps
22. Managing Files on Your iPad and in the Cloud
23. Accessorizing Your iPad
24. Fixing Common Problems