NOOK Book, The: An Unofficial Guide: Everything you need to know about the NOOK Tablet, NOOK Color, and the NOOK Simple Touch, 3rd Edition
Make the Most of Any B&N NOOK--Including NOOK Tablet, NOOK Color, or NOOK Simple Touch!
Read books, play media, get free content, uncover powerful, little-known features you’ll love!
Do all this, and much more...
- Discover great web sources of free and low-cost ebooks
- Sample B&N content for free before you buy it
- Mark up your ebooks with highlights, annotations, and bookmarks
- Stream Netflix, Hulu Plus, and other video on your NOOK Tablet or NOOK Color
- Listen to music with Pandora, Rhapsody, MOG, and Grooveshark
- Read full-color comics, graphic novels, and magazines
- Lend and borrow books with B&N’s LendMe
- Read your ebooks anywhere--even if you’ve left your NOOK at home
- Master NOOK’s built-in chess, crosswords, and Sudoku
- “Root” your NOOK to run standard Android apps
- Use NOOK Friends to share your reading status, recommendations, and ratings on Facebook, Twitter, or BN.com
- Manage your content with My NOOK Library or powerful third-party Calibre software
- Create personal NOOK wallpapers and screensavers
- Browse the web more efficiently with your NOOK Tablet or NOOK Color
- Customize NOOK children’s ebooks to read themselves aloud--in your own voice!
- Use PubIt!M to publish and sell your own ebook at BN.com
› See all 7 customer reviews...
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
Part I: NOOK Tablet and NOOK Color
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Your NOOK Tablet 1
Chapter 2: Customizing and Configuring Your NOOK Tablet 15
Chapter 3: Reading on Your NOOK Tablet and Beyond 37
Chapter 4: Reading and Using NOOK Books for Kids Features 77
Chapter 5: Lending and Borrowing Books with LendMe on Your NOOK Tablet 83
Chapter 6: Using Highlights, Bookmarks, and Annotations 93
Chapter 7: Playing Music, Audiobooks, and Podcasts 101
Chapter 8: Streaming Netflix and Hulu Plus Videos and Playing Videos 109
Chapter 9: Using NOOK Apps and Surfing the Web 123
Chapter 10: Using the Social Features of Your NOOK Tablet 153
Chapter 11: Shopping and Visiting B&N on Your NOOK Tablet 167
Chapter 12: Rooting Your NOOK Tablet and NOOK Color 181
Part II: NOOK
Chapter 13: Getting Started with Your NOOK 205
Chapter 14: Customizing and Configuring Your NOOK 211
Chapter 15: Reading on Your NOOK and Beyond 219
Chapter 16: Lending and Borrowing Books with LendMe on Your NOOK 231
Chapter 17: Using Highlights, Bookmarks, and Annotations 235
Chapter 18: Using the Social Features of Your NOOK 239
Chapter 19: Shopping and Visiting B&N on Your NOOK 243
Chapter 20: Rooting Your NOOK 249
Part III: Beyond the NOOKs
Chapter 21: Reading Beyond Your NOOK 257
Chapter 22: Managing Your ebooks with Calibre 315
Chapter 23: Using My NOOK Library 325
Chapter 24: Using PubIt to Sell Your ebooks 333
Appendix A: Understanding ebook Formats 337
Appendix B: Sources for ebooks Other than B&N 341
Appendix C: Using Picasa to Create Wallpapers and Screensavers 345
Appendix D: Can I Read This Here? 349
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 3 and Index)
Book + eBook Bundle
Book Price: $14.39
eBook Price: $5.25
eBook formats included
This book includes free shipping!
This book includes free shipping!
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.