PC Fear Factor: The Ultimate PC Disaster Prevention Guide, Adobe Reader
What would you do if the hard drive containing a year's worth of financial data and your wedding photos suddenly stops working? What would you do if Internet hackers run off with your credit card numbers and rack up several thousand dollars in 1-900 calls? Most people never even remotely consider the possibility of a computer disaster, but instead take it for granted that their computer will always work. Inevitably, disaster strikes in various forms, from hardware failures to hackers, fires, floods, and even simple human error. PC Fear Factor: The Ultimate PC Disaster Prevention Guide is the first line of defense in keeping safe from these all-too-real situations. This book provides non-technical computer users with the ability to prevent computer disasters wherever possible, and the ability to recover from unavoidable disasters quickly, easily, and completely.
Table of Contents
(NOTE: Each chapter begins with an Overview.)
1. The Root of All Computer Disasters.
2. The Threats and the Tools.
3. A Disaster Prevention Plan for Your New Computer: Part 1, Before You Buy.
4. A Disaster Prevention Plan for Your New Computer: Part 2, Before You Try.
5. Protecting Your Computer from Cyber-Terrorists.
6. Backing Up Your Data.
7. Backing Up Your Hard Disk.
8. Disaster Recovery.
9. Keeping Your Computer in Top Shape.
10. Tips for Avoiding PC Disasters.
Appendix A. The System Restore Feature.
Appendix B. How to Install and Remove Programs from Your Computer.
eBook (Adobe DRM)
This eBook requires the free Adobe® Digital Editions software.
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID. If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.