Sams Teach Yourself Twitter in 10 Minutes
Sams Teach Yourself Twitter in 10 Minutes offers straightforward, practical answers for fast results. By working through the 10-minute lessons, you learn everything you need to know to use Twitter quickly and easily. Step-by-step instructions walk you through the most common questions, issues, and tasks. "Did You Know?" tips offer insider advice and shortcuts. "Watch Out!" alerts help you avoid problems.
Sams Teach Yourself Twitter in 10 Minutes provides beginner and experienced users with fast at-a-glance tips pointing out helpful shortcuts and solutions, and cautions to help avoid common Twitter pitfalls. It is written in a clear, easy-to-understand format. It walks you though creating a basic profile, and then moves into working away from the website and using third-party applications and mobile clients for smartphones. Topics covered include:
- Creating a complete profile that encourages connections both personal and professional
- Creating avatars that best represent you
- Expressing yourself in 140-characters or less
- Exchanging links efficiently across the Twitter network
- Exchanging media (photos, video, and audio) across Twitter
- Working with third-party websites to help build your network
- Working with websites that expand Twitter's capabilities
- Working with third-party applications to automatically retrieve tweets from Twitter.com
- Working with third-party applications to use Twitter on a smartphone
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
1 - Introducing Twitter
2 - Completing Your Profile
3 - Communicating with others on Twitter
4 - Tracking Trends and Traffic on Twitter
5 - Incorporating Media with Twitter
6 - Using Third Party Applications: Twhirl
7 - Using Third Party Applications: TweetDeck
8 - Using Twitter on the Android G1
9 - Using Twitter on the BlackBerry
10 - Using Twitter on the iPhone
11 - Building and Rating your Twitter Network
12 - Twitter Support
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 1 and Index)
We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.
This book is temporarily out of stock, but will ship for free when in stock.
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.