Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Sams Teach Yourself Windows XP All in One, Adobe Reader, 2nd Edition
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Your Price: $22.39
- List Price: $27.99
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2005
- Pages: 816
- Edition: 2nd
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-7686-6603-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7686-6603-8
If you're new to the world of Windows XP and are daunted by the thought of having to figure it all out on your own, Sams Teach Yourself Windows XP All in One can help. This all-inclusive reference book will teach you how to not only use your Windows XP system, but also how to utilize digital media and Internet features. Learn how to set up a home network, as well as how to upgrade, repair and protect your PC from viruses, spam and spyware. Updated to include information relating to the Windows XP Server Pack 2, Sams Teach Yourself Windows XP All in One will help you get the most you can out of your Windows XP-based computer.
Table of Contents
I. UNDERSTANDING COMPUTER FUNDAMENTALS.
1. Beyond the On Switch . . .
2. Keeping Windows Happy.
3. More About PC Health Care.
II. GETTING STARTED WITH WINDOWS.
4. Diving into Windows.
5. Managing the Windows Interface.
6. Working with My Computer and Windows Explorer.
7. Customizing and Improving Your Desktop.
8. Calling for Help.
III. WORKING WITH FILES AND FOLDERS.
9. Understanding File Management Essentials.
10. Finding Information.
IV. MAKING THINGS HAPPEN WITH YOUR PC.
11. It's All About the Software.
12. Going Multimedia with Media Player.
13. Recording Audio.
14. Going Digital with Your Scanner or Camera and Windows XP.
15. Making Movies with Windows Movie Maker.
16. Gaming with Windows XP.
17. Sharing Your PC.
V. INTERFACING WINDOWS AND HARDWARE.
18. Exploring Your Hardware Interface.
19. Understanding Printing and Fonts.
20. Giving Windows a Tune-Up.
VI. LEARNING HOW TO NETWORK COMPUTERS.
21. Understanding the Nature of Networks.
22. Getting Data from Here to There: How Computers Share Data.
23. Mastering Computer and Network Concepts.
24. Networking for Simple Computer Setups.
25. Going Wireless.
26. Personal Security and Privacy on a Network.
VII. GOING ONLINE WITH THE INTERNET.
27. Exploring the Internet's Technology.
28. Connecting to the Internet.
29. Browsing Basics.
VIII. COMMUNICATING WITH THE WORLD.
30. Using Email.
31. Chatting and Instant Messaging.
32. Participating in Newsgroups, Web Message Boards, and Blogs.
IX. GETTING THE MOST OUT OF THE INTERNET.
33. Searching for Information.
34. Downloading Programs and Files.
35. Finding People.
36. Protecting Your Family's Online Experience.
37. Buying and Selling on the Internet.
X. DIAGNOSING PROBLEMS AND PLANNING UPGRADES.
38. Deciding to Upgrade.
39. Understanding System Components.
XI. UPGRADING YOUR PC AND ITS COMPONENTS.
40. Upgrading Your PC Motherboard, BIOS, CPU, and Memory.
41. Upgrading Your PC's Case and Power Supply.
42. Replacing, Upgrading, or Adding a Drive.
43. Adding Adapters.
44. Upgrading Your Keyboard, Mouse, and Other Input Devices.
45. Upgrading Your Monitor.
46. Selecting and Installing a Printer.
47. Purchasing PC Components on the Internet.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.