Talking to Siri: Learning the Language of Apple's Intelligent Assistant
Sweet-talk SiriTM into doing practically anything!
Apple’s Siri voice technology is even more amazing when you really know how
to talk to it. Now, two top Apple tech experts show how to talk Siri into doing
more than ever before! Just look up what you want to do, and you’ll find tested
step-by-step instructions for getting exactly the results you want. From start to
finish, this book is packed with quick and easy ways to make Siri even more
reliable and useful—and way more fun!
• Get more accurate recognition every time you use Siri
• Ask questions that avoid “misunderstandings” and lead to precise,
• Check weather forecasts, stock prices, and lots more
• Help Siri recognize and connect with your spouse, children, and parents
• Use Siri to stay in touch with friends, colleagues, and customers
• Transform Siri into your personal media DJ
• Find the nearest store that’s selling whatever you’re looking for
• Let Siri calculate restaurant tips and “splitting the tab”
• Use Siri to organize your life—and never miss another commitment
• Answer math and science problems with Siri and Wolfram Alpha
• Dictate memos, text and Twitter messages, and even blog posts
• Make sure Siri responds only to you, not to an impostor
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Getting Started with Siri
Chapter 2 Asking Siri for Information
Chapter 3 Using Siri to Stay in Touch
Chapter 4 Talking to Your Day-Timer
Chapter 5 Going Shopping with Siri
Chapter 6 Pushing Limits with Siri
Chapter 7 Dictation
9780789749734 TOC 2/24/2012o
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.