Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Upgrading and Repairing Servers
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 2006
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 1128
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7897-2815-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7897-2815-9
As the price of servers comes down to the level of desktop PCs, many small- and medium-sized businesses are forced to provide their own server setup, maintenance and support, without the high-dollar training enjoyed by their big corporation counterparts. Upgrading and Repairing Servers is the first line of defense for small- and medium-sized businesses, and an excellent go-to reference for the experienced administrators who have been asking for a reference guide like this one for a long time! It's all here in one, incredibly useful tome that you will refer to again and again.
Inside is in-depth coverage of server design and implementation, building and deploying, server hardware components, network and backup operations, SAN, fault tolerance, server racks, server rooms, server operating systems, as well as SUN Microsystems servers. No other computer hardware book has ever dared tackle this enormous topic - until now!
Online Sample Chapters
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
1. History of Server Technology.
2. Server Design and Implementation.
3. Server Microprocessors.
4. Server Chipsets.
5. Server Motherboards & BIOS.
7. The IDE Interface.
8. The Small System Computer Interface (SCSI) Bus.
9. I/O System Hardware.
10. Backup Operations.
11. Network Operations.
12. Disk Subsystems- Definition.
14. Fault Tolerance.
15. Power Protection.
17. Server Racks.
18. Server Rooms.
19. Server Platforms-Network Operating Systems.
20. SUN Microsystems Servers.
21. Building, Upgrading And Deploying Servers.
22. Server Testing and Maintenance.
B. List of Acronyms.
C. Vendor Database.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Upgrading and Repairing PCs, 21st Edition
- Book $47.99
- The Winn L. Rosch Hardware Bible, 6th Edition
- Book $39.99