Using WordPress, Web Edition
This is the Safari online edition of the printed book.
Get comfortable with WordPress fast, with this media-rich, customized, hands-on learning experience!
WordPress has grown into the #1 blogging tool in its category: several million bloggers have downloaded this powerful open source software, and millions more are using WordPress.com's hosted services. Thirty-two of Technorati's Top 100 blogs now use WordPress. Using Wordpress is a customized, media-rich learning experience designed to help new users master Wordpress quickly, and get the most out of it, fast! It starts with a concise, friendly, straight-to-the-point guide to Wordpress. This exceptional book is fully integrated with an unprecedented collection of online learning resources: online video, screencasts, podcasts, and additional web content, all designed to reinforce key concepts and help users achieve real mastery. The book and online content work together to teach everything mainstream Wordpess users need to know. This practical, approachable coverage guides readers through getting started fast; and will cover the upcoming release of Wordpress 3.0. This major upgrade will include built-in image editor and the ability to host multiple blogs from one WordPress install.
Table of Contents
1. Domains and Hosts: Getting the Foundation in Place
2. Installing WordPress on your own
3. How WordPress.com is different than WordPress.org
4. Getting Around self-installed WordPress
5. Configuring WordPress to work its best
6. Organizing the content on your blog
7. All about Themes
8. Finding and Using Plugins
9. Creating content with WordPress
10. Creating a site with WordPress
11. Tuning Your WordPress Site for Search Engines
12. Managing multimedia with WordPress
13. Keeping your blog in shape: Maintaining WordPress
14. Understanding WordPress Security
15. Troubleshooting Common Problems
16. Tips and Tools to make things easier
17. Managing Multiple blogs
18. Becoming a part of the WordPress Community
Web Editions $15.99
The Web Edition of every USING book is powered by Safari Books Online, allowing you to access video tutorials and valuable audio sidebars. Plus, you can search the contents of the book, highlight text and attach a note to that text, print your notes and highlights in a custom summary, and cut and paste directly from Safari Books Online.
Also available in other formats.
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.