This is the Safari online edition of the printed book.
Get comfortable with WordPress fast, with this media-rich, customized, hands-on learning experience!
WordPress has grown into the #1 blogging tool in its category: several million bloggers have downloaded this powerful open source software, and millions more are using WordPress.com's hosted services. Thirty-two of Technorati's Top 100 blogs now use WordPress. Using Wordpress is a customized, media-rich learning experience designed to help new users master Wordpress quickly, and get the most out of it, fast! It starts with a concise, friendly, straight-to-the-point guide to Wordpress. This exceptional book is fully integrated with an unprecedented collection of online learning resources: online video, screencasts, podcasts, and additional web content, all designed to reinforce key concepts and help users achieve real mastery. The book and online content work together to teach everything mainstream Wordpess users need to know. This practical, approachable coverage guides readers through getting started fast; and will cover the upcoming release of Wordpress 3.0. This major upgrade will include built-in image editor and the ability to host multiple blogs from one WordPress install.
1. Domains and Hosts: Getting the Foundation in Place
2. Installing WordPress on your own
3. How WordPress.com is different than WordPress.org
4. Getting Around self-installed WordPress
5. Configuring WordPress to work its best
6. Organizing the content on your blog
7. All about Themes
8. Finding and Using Plugins
9. Creating content with WordPress
10. Creating a site with WordPress
11. Tuning Your WordPress Site for Search Engines
12. Managing multimedia with WordPress
13. Keeping your blog in shape: Maintaining WordPress
14. Understanding WordPress Security
15. Troubleshooting Common Problems
16. Tips and Tools to make things easier
17. Managing Multiple blogs
18. Becoming a part of the WordPress Community