Listening to Music, Podcasts, and Other Audio on Your iPod touch
- Sep 10, 2009
Controlling Audio Content with the iPod Control Bar
Because you can do so much more on iPod touch than just listen to music, you’ll often be doing something else, such as browsing the web while music is playing. It would be a nuisance to have to move back into the Music functions to perform basic actions, such as pausing music. Fortunately, with the iPod control bar, you don’t have to.
>>>step-by-step: Configure the iPod Control Bar
First, configure how you want to activate the control bar.
- On the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down until you see the Home option.
- Tap Home.
- If you want to move to the playback controls when you press the Home button twice, tap iPod.
- To make the iPod control bar active when music is playing, ensure ON shows next to iPod Controls; if not, tap OFF, which turns the function on.
Use the iPod Control Bar
Use the control bar to do the following tasks.
- Play music.
- Move away from the Music screens, such as by moving back to the Home screen and then opening the web browser.
- Tap the Home button twice. The screen you were using fades into the background, and the iPod control bar appears.
- Use the controls on the bar to control music.
- When you’re done, tap Close. The control bar closes, and you move back to whatever you were doing.