- Taking Advantage of Custom Settings
- Moving the Dock Around
- Changing the Dock's Size
- Customizing the Dock's Behavior
- Changing the Way the Finder Works
- Changing Your Desktop Picture
- Changing Your Screen Saver
- Changing Your Login Icon
- Changing Your Mac's Language
- Adding Login Items
- Increasing Your Mac's Security
- Making Your Own Widgets
- Automatically Updating Your Widgets
- Creating Custom Network Locations
Making Your Own Widgets
Dashboard is great—if you haven’t tried it, click on its Dock icon and take a look at the cool widgets you can add. And you can even make your own widgets; it’s very simple to turn your favorite web pages into Dashboard widgets, and you do it right from Safari.
In Safari, type the URL of the web page you want to turn into a widget.
Choose File, Open in Dashboard.
Select the area on the web page that you want to include in your widget.
Click Add; the new widget opens in Dashboard.