- Mar 30, 2005
Setting up the PSP Network Connection
At this point we are ready to get the PSP connected to the Internet. Before this can happen, we must have an Internet connection. You can either do this before starting up Wipeout Pure, or set up the connection in game when you attempt to use the 'Download' option. The following will provide an outline of what you need to enter assuming you are going to setup the network connection pre-game.
- Go to PSP Home Menu and scroll down to bottom and click on Network Settings.
- Select Infrastructure Mode (though this could be done via an Ad Hoc connection directly to and through the PC).
- Select New Connection (we recommend this so you don't mess with other working connections).
- Name the connection (figure 3)
Figure 3: Entering the connection name
- Enter or select your SSID value (wireless router name).
- Select Custom for Address Settings.
- Select Automatic for your IP Address Setting.
- Select Automatic for DNS Setting.
- Select Use for Proxy Server.
- Enter the IP address of your local computer (figure 4).
Figure 4: IP and Port number for Proxy
- Enter the port number for Charles (default 8888).
- Arrow through the Setting List screen (figure 5).
Figure 5: Setting List screen
- Save settings, launch Charles, and test your connection. If all went well, you should be rewarded with a screen containing your network information.