This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
I, Robot Programmer is the only robotics programming tutorial that teaches the basics of robotics programming in any language, shows how to apply those concepts with the hugely popular LEGO Mindstorms NXT-G language, and then walks you through a pair of start-to-finish robot projects – covering both programming and construction. Absolutely no robotics or programming experience is necessary. What’s more, even if you someday choose a different robot programming language, you won’t be a beginner anymore: you’ll be able to use all the concepts you learn here. Coverage includes:
Chapter exercises and sample projects reinforce what you’ve learned, helping you test your skills and improvise additional capabilities – and also making this book an exceptionally valuable classroom and laboratory resource.
1. Getting Started. I Bought My LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0: Now What?
2. Building My First Robot: Armored Car with Dual Firing Cannons
3. Building My Second Robot: Army HEMTT (Heavy Expanded Mobility)
4. Introduction to Programming
5. My Robots Can Speak and Display Things?
6. My Robots Are Ready to Move
7. Selection. My Robot Will Decide?
8. It’s All in the Wires
9. Repetition: Can We Do That Again?
10. Introduction to Functions: How to Reuse Your Code
11. Data Blocks
12. Using the Sensors to Extend Your Robots Capabilities
13. Give My Robot Purpose
Appendix A. Debugging Your NXT Programs
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.