Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
My iPad (covers iOS 7 for iPad 2, iPad 3rd/4th generation and iPad mini)
- Your Price: $15.99
- List Price: $19.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2014
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-7897-5287-5
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7897-5287-1
Covers iOS 7 for iPad 2, iPad 3rd/4th generation, and iPad mini
My iPad offers a full-color, fully illustrated, step-by-step resource for anyone using an iPad or iPad mini running iOS 7. Each task is presented in easy-to-follow steps–each with corresponding visuals that are numbered to match the step they refer to. Notes and sidebars offer additional insight into using the iPad without the need to search through paragraphs of text to find the information you need. Tasks are clearly titled to help you quickly and easily find things you want to accomplish. Everything you need to know (or didn’t know was possible) is covered in this e-book. From setup and configuration to using apps like iBooks, Reminders, Calendar, Pages, and Maps, each task is clearly illustrated and easy to follow. Learn how to use the iPad's two cameras to take pictures and video, and share them with friends or chat with them live.
Learn how to:
* Connect your iPad to your Wi-Fi and 3G/4G LTE networks
* Use Control Center to control frequently used settings
* Use Siri to control your iPad or get information by speaking commands
* Use iCloud to keep everything current between all your iOS devices (and even your Mac), including music, photos, emails, and more
* Surf the Web, and send and receive email
* Download and install apps to make your iPad even more useful
* Secure your iPad
* Record and edit video using iMovie for iPad
* Take photos, and then edit them using iPhoto for iPad
* Use iTunes to manage and sync iPad content with your computer
* Stream audio and video to Apple TV and other devices
* Use AirDrop to share files and information with other iOS devices in your vicinity
* Manage your contacts, and then connect with others using Messaging
* Stay organized with the Calendar app
* Use FaceTime and Skype to stay connected with friends and family, or to conduct video conferences
* Use Pages and Numbers to create documents and spreadsheets
* Use Keynote to build and display presentations
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 3 and Index)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Getting Started
Chapter 2 Customizing Your iPad
Chapter 3 Networking and Syncing
Chapter 4 Playing Music and Video
Chapter 5 Reading Books
Chapter 6 Organizing Your Life
Chapter 7 Surfing the Web
Chapter 8 Communicating with Email, Messaging, and Twitter
Chapter 9 Taking and Editing Photos
Chapter 10 Recording Video
Chapter 11 Writing with Pages
Chapter 12 Spreadsheets with Numbers
Chapter 13 Presentations with Keynote
Chapter 14 Navigating with Maps
Chapter 15 The World of Apps
Chapter 16 Using Popular and Critical Apps
Chapter 17 Games and Entertainment
Chapter 18 iPad Accessories
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- iPad and iPhone Digital Photography Tips and Tricks
- eBook (Watermarked) $14.39
- My iPod touch (covers iPod touch running iOS 5), 3rd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $15.99