This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
This full-color introduction to the smart home has been written from the ground up with one audience in mind: seniors. No ordinary "beginner's book," My Smart Home for Seniors approaches every topic from a 50+ person's point of view, using meaningful, realistic examples.
With large text, close-up screen shots, and a pleasing design, this easy tutorial is designed to be read comfortably by practically anyone. Michael Miller assumes absolutely no prior experience with smart home products and technologies, but he never talks down to you.
My Smart Home for Seniors covers all the major smart home systems (Google, Apple, Amazon, and more), as well as best-selling controller hubs such as Amazon's Echo and Dot and Google's Home. You’ll find complete coverage of popular smart home devices for lighting, heating/cooling, home security, cooking, entertainment, and more. Miller shows how to connect a smart home to smart community grids and services, helps you avoid potential privacy and security pitfalls, and previews the future of smart homes. Best of all, Miller doesn’t just teach you concepts: he guides you through choosing, installing, and using the best smart home technologies for you: the ones that can really improve your life.
1. What is a Smart Home? And What Makes It So Smart?
2. How Smart Home Technology Can Make Your Life Easier and Safer
3. Choosing a Smart Home System
4. Using Amazon Echo and Amazon Dot
5. Using Google Home
6. Using Apple HomeKit
7. Using Other Smart Home Hubs and Systems
8. Automating Your Home Lighting
9. Automating Your Kitchen
10. Automating Your Entertainment
11. Automating Reminders and Alerts
12. Automating Heating and Cooling
13. Automating Home Security
14. Automating Personal Security
15. Automating Lawn Care
16. Using Smart Technology for Assisted Living
17. Using Other Smart Devices and Applications
18. Connecting to the Smart Grid
19. Privacy and Security Concerns
20. What's Next?