Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Windows 8 Absolute Beginner's Guide
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Your Price: $15.99
- List Price: $19.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 464
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7897-4993-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7897-4993-2
Windows 8 Absolute Beginner’s Guide
Make the most of your new Windows 8 device—without becoming a technical expert! This book is the fastest way to take control of Windows 8, and use it to create, connect, and discover… simplify and organize your whole life… learn more, play more, do more, live better! Even if you’ve never used Windows 8 before, this book will show you how to do what you want, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time. Windows 8 has never, ever been this simple!
Who knew how simple Windows 8 could be? This is the easiest, most practical beginner’s guide to navigating Windows 8—whether from a desktop, notebook, or tablet… simple, reliable instructions for doing everything you really want
to do! Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn:
• Discover Windows 8’s whole new approach to running a computer
• Run Windows 8 the way that’s easiest for you: mouse, touch, or keyboard
• Find and use the old Windows Desktop along with all your favorite Windows XP and 7 programs
• Get online with Internet Explorer® 10 and master its new tools and shortcuts
• Set up your home network, printer, and other devices
• Master quick, easy new ways to use Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn®
• Safeguard your personal information and keep it private
• Enjoy all your digital photos, videos, movies, and music
• Connect with anyone through email, messaging, and video chat
• Discover and play new Windows 8 games, and use Windows to control your Xbox 360
• Manage even the most gigantic collections of data and media
• Automatically back up your information to external drives, DVDs, or Microsoft SkyDrive®
• Fix problems, protect yourself from viruses, and keep Windows 8 working reliably
Paul Sanna is the author of almost two dozen computer books on topics such as Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, and Windows security. He has extensive experience working with and explaining pre-release versions of Windows. He currently advises his clients on software decisions, both for the desktop and for large business projects.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.