This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
More than 70 million websites and blogs run on WordPress: it's the world's #1 web development tool. Now, you can make the most of WordPress without becoming a technical expert. WordPress Absolute Beginner's Guide is the fastest way to get comfortable and productive with WordPress and its most powerful tools. Whether you're new to WordPress or not, this practical, approachable book will show you how to do exactly what you want, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time.
Leading WordPress instructor Tris Hussey provides step-by-step instructions for every task requiring more than one step. Screenshots and illustrations guide you through complex processes, so you'll never get lost or confused. You'll find friendly, patient, crystal-clear coverage that always respects your intelligence, and never patronizes you. Hussey covers all this, and much more:
1. How Websites Work
2. What WordPress Is and How it Works
3. Installing WordPress
4. Installing WordPress Plugins
5. Installing WordPress Themes
6. How WordPress Themes Work
7. Tweaking, Tuning, and Customizing Your WordPress Site
8. Setting Up Your WordPress Site Right
9. Using WordPress Content
10. Using WordPress. Images, Videos, and Other Media
11. Customizations without Coding Easy WordPress Theme Customizations
12. WordPress and Mobile Users Making your WordPress site Mobile-ready
13. Advanced WordPress Settings
14. Maintaining WordPress Sites
16. Troubleshooting Common WordPress Problems